Forest Falls Nature Walk
This trail starts and ends at the Green Heritage Picnic site and is a 4.5km circular route. On this day trail, hikers walk through a forest and along a tributary of the Mac Mac River to eventually reach the Forest Falls which has a breadth greater than its height.
Please get permit from our local information office in the Sabie Market Square or at the Forestry Museum.
The Loerie, a moderate to difficult,circular hike, can be started at the Castle Rock Caravan park (14km) or die Bridal Veil Falls (7km) in the Sabie area, Mpumalanga. This walk takes hikers through pine and eucalyptus plantations and patches of indigenous forest and grassland to the magnificent 70 high Bridal Veil Falls as well as, Glynis and Elna Falls.
- Not recommended for children under 16 years.
- Moderate fitness required and good balance and flexibility for the 1.7km climb between the falls.
- This route may be hiked from 7am to 5pm only.
Hiking time approximately 4 Hours to 4 hours 30 Minutes
- Permits are obligatory. (See below)
- No fishing
- All fauna and flora must be protected.
- All signs and notices must be obeyed.
- No fires are allowed on the route.
- Take all sweet papers, empty containers, fruit peel and other litter with you.
- Leave only your footprints.
Cost: R30 per person
Permits obtainable from
- Sabie information office, Sabie Market Square
- Merry Pebbles Resort - old Lydenburg Road
- Forestry Museum
You will be given a map and further information once you purchase the relevant permits.
Keep an eye out for the route markers and work with the map to ensure you stay on the correct route.