(hereafter referred to as "Sabie Self Catering Apartments"
This policy applies to the business operations of Sabie Self Catering Apartments and applies to all paid staff.
· comply with the law in respect of the personal data it holds about individuals;
· follow good business practice;
· protect Sabie Self Catering Apartments’ staff and other individuals’ information;
· protect the organisation from the consequences of a breach in its responsibilities.
This policy applies to information relating to identifiable individuals, in terms of the Protection of Personal Information Act, 2013 (hereinafter POPI Act).
Sabie Self Catering Apartments will:
· comply with both the laws of South Africa and good business practice;
· respect all individuals’ rights;
· be open and honest with individuals whose data is held and processed;
· provide training and support for staff who handle personal data, so that that they can act confidently and consistently in order to remain compliant.
Sabie Self Catering Apartments recognises that its’ first priority under the POPI Act is to avoid causing any harm to individuals.
This means that we will:
· keep information secure and in the right hands;
· retain good quality information.
Our second priority, aims to ensure that any legitimate and valid concerns by individuals, about the ways in which their data may be used, are considered. In addition to being open and transparent, Sabie Self Catering Apartments will seek to give individuals as much choice as reasonably possible over what data is held and how it is processed.
INTERPRETATION AND DEFINITIONS
The words of which the initial letter is capitalized have meanings defined under the following conditions. The following definitions shall have the same meaning regardless of whether they appear in singular or in plural.
· Account means a unique account created for to access Our services of part of Our services.
· Company (referred to as either “the Company”, “We”, “Us”, or “Our” in this Agreement refers to SA Sojourn (Pty) Ltd t/a Sabie Self Catering Apartments, 23, 6th Ave, Sabie, 1260.
· Cookies are small files that are placed on Your computer, mobile device or any other device by a website, containing the details of Your browsing history on that website.
· Country refers to South Africa
· Device means, any device that can access the Service such as a computer, a cellphone or a digital tablet.
· Personal Data is any information that relates to an identified or identifiable individual.
· Service refers to the Website.
· Service provider means any natural or legal person who processes the data on behalf of the Company. It refers to third-party companies or individuals employed by the Company to facilitate the Service, to provide the Service on behalf of the Company to perform services related to the Service or to assist the Company in analysing how the Service is Used.
· Third-party Social Media Service refers to any website or any social network website through which a User can log in or create an account to Use the Service.
· Usage Data refers to date collected automatically, either generated by the Use of the Service or from the Service infrastructure itself (for example, the duration of a page visit)
· Website refers to Sabie Self Catering Apartments, accessible from http://www.sabieselfcatering.co.za
· You mean the individual accessing or Using the Service, or the Company, or other legal entity on behalf of which such individuals is accessing or Using the Service as applicable.
COLLECTION AND USING YOUR PERSONAL DATA
Types of Data Collected
While Using Our Service, We may ask You to provide Us with certain personally identifiable information, that can be Used to contact or identify You, Personally identifiable information may include, but is not limited to:
· Email Address
· First name and last name
· Phone number
· Address, Country, Province, Zip code/Postal Code/ City
· Usage Data
Usage Date is collected automatically when Using the Service.
Usage Data may include information such as Your Device’s internet Protocol address (e.g. IP address) browser type, browser version, the pages of Our Service that You visit, the time and date of Your visit, the time spent on those pages, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data.
When You access the Service by or through a mobile device, We may collect certain information automatically including, but not limited to, the type of mobile device You Use, Your mobile device unique ID, the IP address of Your mobile device, Your mobile operating system, the type of mobile Internet browser You Use, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data.
We may also collect information that Your browser sends whenever You visit Our Service or when You access the Service by a or through a mobile device.
Information from Third-Party Social Media Services
The Company allows You to create an account and log in to Use the Service through the following Third-Party Social Media Services
If You decide to register through or otherwise grant Us access to a Third-Party Social Media Service, We may collect Personal data that is already associated with Your Third-Party Social Media Service account, such as Your name, Your Email Address, Your activities or Your contact list associated with that account.
Tracking Technologies and Cookies
· Flash Cookies. Certain features of Our Service may use local stored objects (or Flash Cookies) to collect and store information about Your preferences or Your activity on Our browser settings as those used for Browser Cookies.
· Web Beacons. Certain sections of Our Service and Our emails may contain small electronic flies know as web beacons. (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit the Company, for example, to count Users, who have visited those pages or opened and email and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of a certain section and verifying system and server integrity)
Cookies can be “Persistent” or “Session” Cookies. Persistent Cookies remain on Your personal computer or mobile device when You go offline, while Session Cookies are deleted as soon as You close Your web-browser.
We Use both Session and Persistent Cookies for the purpose set out below.
· Necessary/Essential Cookies
Type Session Cookies
Administered by: Us
Purpose: These Cookies allow Us to remember choices You made when You Use the Website, such as remembering Your login details or language preference. The purpose of these Cookies is to provide You with a more personal experience and to avoid You having to re-enter Your preferences every time You Use the Website.
Use of Your Personal Data
The Company may Use Personal Data for the following purposes;
· To provide and maintain Our Service including to monitor the Usage of Our Service.
· To manage Your Account to manage Your registration as a User of the Service. The Personal Data You provide can give You access to different functionalities of the Service that are available to You as a registered User.
· For the performance of a contract the development compliance and understanding of the purchase contract for the products, items or services You have purchased or of any other contract with Us through the Service.
· To contact You: to contact You by email, telephone calls, SMS, WhatsApp, or other equivalent forms of electronic, communication, such as a mobile application’s push notifications, regarding updates or informative communications, related to the functionalities, products or contracted services, including the security updates, when necessary of reasonable for the security updates, when necessary or reasonable for their implementation.
· To provide You with news, special offers and general information about other goods, services and events which we offer that are similar to those that You have already purchased or enquired about unless You have opted not to receive such information.
· To manage Your requests: To attend and manage Your requests to Us.
· For business transfers: We may Use Your information to evaluate or conduct a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization,dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of Our assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation or similar proceeding, in which Personal Data held by Us about or Service Users amount the assets transfer.
· For other purposes; We may Use Your information for other purposes, such as data analysis, identifying Usage trends, determining the effectiveness of Our promotional campaigns and to evaluate and improve Our Service products , services, marketing and Your experience.
You may share Your personal information in the following situations:
· With Service Providers; We may share Your personal information with Service Providers to monitor and analyse the Use of Our Service to contact You.
· For business transfers: We may share or transfer Your personal information in connections with, or during negotiations of any merger, sale of Company assets, financing, or acquisition of all or a portion of Our business to another company.
· With Business partners: We may share Your information with Our business partners to offer You certain products, services and promotions.
· With other Users: When You share personal information or otherwise interact in the public areas with other Users, such information may be viewed by Users and may be publicly distributed outside. If You interact with other Users or register through a Third-Party Social Media Service , Your contacts on the Third-Party Social Media Services may see Your name, profile, pictures and descriptions of Your activity. Similar, other Users will be able to view
descriptions of Your activity, communicate with You and view Your profile.
· With Your consent: We may disclose Your personal information for any other purpose with Your consent.
Retention of Your Personal Data
The Company will also retain Usage date for internal analysis purposes. Usage Data is generally retained for a shorter period of time, except when this data is Used to strengthen the security or to improve the functionality of Our Service, or We are legally obligated to retain this data for longer time periods.
Transfer of Your Personal Data
Your information, including Personal Data, is processed at the Company’s operating office and in other places where the parties involve in the processing are located. It means that this information may be transferred to -and maintained on- computers located outside of Your state, province, country or other governmental jurisdiction where the data protection laws may differ from those from Your jurisdiction.
Disclosure of Your Personal Data
Under certain circumstance the Company may be required to disclose Your Personal Data if required to by law or in response to valid requests by public authorities (e.g. a Court or a government agency)
Other Legal requirements
The Company may disclose Your Personal Data in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to:
· Comply with a legal obligation
· Protect and defend the rights or property of the Company
· Prevent or investigate possible wrong doing in connection with the Service
· Protect the personal safety of Users of the Service or the public
· Protect against legal liability
Security of Your Personal Data
The Security of Your Personal Data is important to Us, there is however no method of transmission over the internet where We can guarantee its absolute security.
We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from anyone under the age of 13. If You are a parent or guardian and You are aware that Your child has provided Us with Personal Data, please contact Us. If we become aware that We have collected Personal Data from anyone under the age of 13 without verification of Parents consent, We will take steps to remove that information from Our Servers.
If WE need to rely on consent as legal basis for processing Your information and Your country requires consent from a parent. We may require Your parent’s consent before We collect and Use that information.
Links to Other Websites
We have no control over and assume no responsibility for the content, privacy, policies or practices of any third party sites or services.